The protection of your personal data is an important concern for SURG’X.
- What data are collected ?
- For website visitors
When you browse the website for informational purposes only, without entering any information, the following data may be collected:
– Connection data : Browser used, Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user, MAC address of the computer, date and time of connection.
– Navigation data : URL of the links through which the user accessed the site, duration of connection.
- For subscribers to our newsletter
We collect and process the personal data of people who subscribe to the newsletter or have expressed an interest in receiving information from our company. These are in particular email addresses.
We use this personal data to send you commercial communications, to inform you about our products and our news.
We keep this personal data as long as the newsletter is distributed, or until the subscriber withdraws consent and unsubscribes according to the conditions set out in the “ Contact ” paragraph .
- For owners of a User Account
Access to some of our services, including access to downloadable resources, requires the creation of a User Account. We collect and process the following personal data when filling in the registration form:
– Name and Surname
– Veterinary facility in which the user practices
– Email address
We keep this personal data as long as the specific services requiring a User Account are offered on the site, or until the person who owns a User Account withdraws consent and unsubscribes according to the conditions provided for in the ” Contact ” paragraph. “.
- What are the purposes of processing your data ?
SURG’X collects and processes your personal data to meet one or more explicit, legitimate, and determined purpose(s). Your data is mainly processed for the following purposes :
- Allow the owners of a user account access to downloadable documents
- Improve the services of SURG’X and its website
- Send information about products, offers and commercial information
- Invite to participate in commercial operations, trainings
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- What is the retention period for your data?
We keep your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing.
If you are the owner of a user account or have subscribed to our newsletters, we keep your data until you unsubscribe. Their subsequent archiving is carried out only in cases where we must continue to keep them to fulfill legal or regulatory obligations.
- How are your data protected?
SURG’X makes its best efforts to take all technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of personal data transmitted to it by any user, in compliance with the applicable legal provisions. SURG’X employees are bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
In the event of a breach of your personal data, SURG’X has the obligation to notify the competent supervisory authority and to inform you, as soon as possible, of any breach of personal data likely to generate a high risk for your rights and freedoms, to enable you to take the necessary measures.
- Who are the recipients of your data?
SURG’X may be required to share your personal data in the following limiting cases:
- To the authorized members of the personnel SURG’X necessary for the realization of the missions (customer service, sales service, technical service.)
- To service providers and subcontractors, in fact SURG’X may have recourse to third-party service providers for the processing of all or part of the personal data (eg: hosting of the site, providing services related to the operation of the site, maintenance or sending communications and commercial offers);
- court officers and ministerial officers as part of their litigation management and debt collection mission: in the event of a litigation, we may share your personal data in order to defend our rights;
- to authorities whether judicial or administrative in order to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement, a judicial subpoena, warrant, judgment or order, or if such disclosure is necessary to an authority which has asserted its legitimate authority to obtain the information within the framework of a fact-finding mission, or of a procedure, on the national territory or abroad.
- to the administrations for social and tax declarations in particular or in the event of an audit;
SURG’X does not transmit your personal data to third parties for advertising or commercial purposes.
A transfer of personal data to a third country outside the European Union is not planned.
- Hypertext links
SURG’X website may contain hypertext links to other sites. However, SURG’X has no control over their content and declines all responsibility for the information presented therein. The SURG’X website may also have been linked without its knowledge to other sites. SURG’X declines all responsibility for the information presented on these other sites and for the personal data that may be processed there.
SURG’X website may store information on the computer of the professional or private user. This information will take the form of a “Cookie” or similar file. “Cookies” are data which do not contain any personal information and which are sent via the server to the hard drive of the user’s computer. The role of cookies is in particular to identify more quickly the professional or private User when logging in, and to facilitate subsequent navigation on the site, or to carry out audience measurements.
Internal cookies necessary for the site to function
These cookies allow the website to function optimally. You can object and delete them using your browser settings, however your user experience may be degraded.
Audience measurement cookies
In order to carry out statistics and improve the site, we measure the number of visits, the number of page views as well as the activity of visitors to the site and their frequency of return. We use Google Analytics as a statistical tool.
Disabling cookies from the browser
SURG’X cannot guarantee the optimal functioning of the website if the user refuses the installation of cookies. The user can however configure his browser as follows, to refuse the installation of cookies:
Under Internet Explorer : Menu > Internet Options > ” Confidentiality ” tab and on the “Advanced” button to display the Advanced Privacy Settings window . Then tick the ” Ignore the automatic management of cookies” box, then select ” Refuse ” in the ” Third party cookies” column .
In Firefox : Menu > Options > “ Privacy ” tab . Set the ” Preservation rules ” menu to ” Use Personality Parameters for history “. Finally, uncheck the “Accept third-party cookies ” box.
In Safari : Click on the “ Safari ” icon , select “ Preferences ”, select “ Privacy ”, next select “ Block all cookies ”
In Google Chrome : Menu > Settings > Show advanced settings (located at the bottom of the page). You must then click on the Content settings button then tick the box to block cookies and third-party site data, finally click on OK to validate your choice.
- What are your rights ?
In accordance with European regulations and the Law on personal data, as a user of SURG’X website you have the following rights:
- Right of access (article 15 of the GDPR), update, completeness and rectification of your data (article 16 of the GDPR);
- Right to erasure and deletion of your data when it is inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal or out of date (article 17 of the GDPR);
- Right to withdraw, at any time, your consent to the collection of your personal data (article 13-2c of the GDPR);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data; (article 18 of the GDPR)
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data (article 21 of the GDPR);
- Right to portability and transfer of your personal data when this data is subject to automated processing based on your consent (article 20 of the GDPR);
- Right to define the fate of your data after your death and to choose the third party to whom SURG’X will have to communicate it or not.
You can exercise these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) using the means described in the “ Contact ” paragraph . As part of your request, we may need to verify your identity, and if necessary ask you for a copy of your identity document.
You can also ask at any time to unsubscribe from our newsletter or to delete your user account by sending an email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a litigation, you also have the option of submitting a complaint to the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL).
For all requests relating to your personal data, or if you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter or delete your user account, please contact our Data Protection Officer at SURG’X, 26 rue Barthélémy de Laffemas, Technosite, 26000 VALENCE, or by email at email@example.com.